Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Appearance Isn't Everything

This past Sunday I went St. Cloud to look inside some houses. My whole family made a field trip out of it. My parents are buying a house there so I can live in it while I go to SCSU, as well as the other three siblings in my household. Anyways, we all got the chance to look inside these two homes and it was really quite the experience. My brother, who is ten, thought that both houses be saw were great and either one would suffice. He is only ten though, and doesn't understand that it's not just how a house looks that is important. The first house was over 100 years old and had an ancient garage covered in lead paint most likely that was flaking. And as cool as the upstairs and backyard were, the kitchen was too small and the basement, quite frankly, a little scary. When I pointed out the flaws of the house, his little eyes lit up and he began to understand. I also began to understand this concept as my parents discussed what would need to be changed with the realtor. The same thing happened with the second house, only the big flaw was a gigantic backyard (lots of mowing) and no AC. Even though the houses we saw were great to look at and fun to explore, they had their downfalls. I guess what I am trying to get at is that it's not about the looks, it's about the inner workings. This can be applied to many other things, like people for instance, I just sort of now understood it more fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment