Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Home

While I was sitting down trying to drum up something blog-worthy (can that be a new word?) I decided to find a quote and discuss it. The quote reads "Home is not where you live, but where they understand you"- Christian Morgenstern. I agree with this to a large extent because I feel at home wherever I am, mostly because I am surrounded by people who get me. For instance, I was sitting on my freezing porch writing this, teeth chattering and fingers numb, too lazy and focused to get a blanket when my sister walks up and says "lift the laptop". I was too "in the homework zone" that I just did what she said. She then proceeded to wrap me in a blanket. Then she grabbed a jacket and said "sit up", so I did, then "put your arms through", which I did and then she walked away. Without me even telling her anything, she understood me and helped me out. She is such a sweety that way. Another example of a home that isn't home is when I am at theater. All of my thespian friends understand me, including my sister and best friend and awesome neighbor kids/ practically little sisters. Theater is a big happy family. Does anyone else have a special example of a home that isn't home to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment