Friday, November 23, 2012

Being Able to do Your Own Thing

I am also slowing becoming more independent, I don't know if that's the right word, more able to do things on my own. In the hospital I was so sick at the beginning I couldn't do anything but lay there and watch TV. Then I graduated to films, and began to walk longer distances, and the pains became a little less and I could do a little more. After the first week or so I got pretty good at getting myself out of bed, unplugging my IV tower (I was like 7 feet tall and my 3 or 4 antibiotics hung from it, plus had a chargeable battery), going to the bathroom, then going for a walk, coming back to my room, plugging myself back in, and crawling back into bed. It sounds lame, but that little bit of self-sufficiency made me feel awesome. To be able to do something on my own and not rely on others made me feel better. When I got home from the hospital Wednesday night, I when to bed, and then woke up to make my own breakfast. Scrambled eggs and toast, and I felt glorious that I did it on my own! :D Such a little and silly thing, but I did it! It's these little steps that are going to keep me sane and recover. I am going to appreciate being able to do things for myself so much more, because for the past two weeks my life has really depended on nurses and doctors, and to some degree still does. I cannot wait to be completely healed. As it is I still have appointments with doctors and my new shipment of IV meds arrived today. Yeah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment