Friday, November 23, 2012

No Title

While I was in the ICU in Minneapolis Children's Hospital, there were a couple of days that were critical as to how I would heal, hence the ICU. The whole time though, the hospital had this Ronald McDonald's House, and though I have still never seen it, I am very thankful for it. My mom got a lot of mileage out of it those first few stressful days when she needed a meal but had been worked into a frenzy over worrying about me. Then when she and my dad and siblings were all there, she noted that it was helpful to be able to get a meal for the whole family. After this whole terrible sickness period of my life, I plan to go back the Children's hospital and volunteer to help those who helped me. And I will probably say hi to the nurses on the ICU, because sadly I know all their names. I was there that long. Anyway, my experience at the hospital has changed me and made me view things differently. A real eye-opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment