Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Time Moving Slow

It was really strange to get out of the hospital the night before Thanksgiving and see snow on the ground. Those 13 days in the hospital and even the week before that when I was home ill was on a different kind of time I swear. Being-home-sick-time was slow and I honestly don't remember that week. Then hospital time is also slow, has a routine, and is kind of a constant, boring, repetitive state of being. Days blended into other days, I don't remember what happened on what days. My memories on hospital time are jumbled up. I just thought it was interesting, time can be experienced in different ways. I miss school time, the time that I had gotten used to with 5 days of school then building up anticipation for the weekend. In the hospital, a day was a day. Weekends were just days, nothing special. I guess that made time even slower. Furthermore, when I did get out, I discovered that the world had kept going. Well, duh, but it was so strange. It's already Christmas time. When the heck did that happen? Thanksgiving just kind of plopped into my lap and now I hear holiday music and there is snow and I am wondering "where did my life go?" The pretty much spent the entire month of November being sick and it just baffles me. Life got away from me, but I am going to get well and wrangle it back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment