Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hospitals in TV Bug Me Now :(

Does anyone watch Emily Owens M.D.? It's this cute doctor show with Mamie Gummer, Meryl Streeps' daughter (she is an amazing Oscar winning actress, the mom I mean). Anyway, I sat down to watch the second episode with my mom and the show is in a hospital of course. There was a scene where the doctors were talking to the patient and I just couldn't take it. It was weird, but emotionally I just....I was just fed up with hospitals. Seeing a patient's room just brought back memories of lots of tests, poor nights of sleep, and the caged in feeling from seeing the same four walls. I told my mom, I turned to her and said "I can't watch this, it's too soon". She understood, but I didn't know that's how I felt. It was strange. How long until I can watch doctor shows? I happen to like  a few, but I don't know if I will ever see them the way I did before. Not after experiencing it. That was just a weird moment, to have this overwhelming emotion of fear and disgust and almost worry that I would have to go back, I didn't know that feeling was there, and to be brought up by a simple entertaining show. I'm not saying they mistreated me as the hospital, but it wasn't all raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. It was not my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment