Sunday, October 14, 2012

Perspectives


So for my ethnography I partnered up with my friend and we went to observe together. But after discussing it thoroughly decided we couldn't write our paper together because of the narrator issue. Now that our papers are nearly finished, I have begun to read hers and compare it to mine. It's really strange. She remembers things differently than I do, and it's not to say I'm right or wrong, it's just a difference of opinion. My friend thought the walls were green, I thought they were brown. She thought one of the characters had red highlights, I thought she had blond. Jackie had a blog post about altered memories which is interesting, about how one bad event can ruin a good one and things along that line, and this got me thinking about this particular post I am writing now. In a way, my partner and I had altered memories. We saw the exact same things, and yet had different accounts about our visit. The mind is a fascinating object.

No comments:

Post a Comment