Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The All-Comsuming Internet

Does anyone else feel like our generation is too tightly wound up with the internet? First of all, we use it for entertainment. Facebook, Youtube, Hulu, blogs, online bank accounts, email, and so on. I personally try to weed myself off of the internet by reducing my laptop time. Then our school goes out of its way to put a lot of our homework online: Turnitin.com, Schoology, history PDF, AH student portal, this blog, and more. I try to avoid being sucked into the internet and find it difficult to focus on homework online when I can also check my facebook and email and get distracted. I know it's technology advancing, but I feel we are on the internet too much. How do others feel and how can we fix this?

1 comment:

  1. With education, entertainment, social interaction, information, and more all in one place, the Internet is a hard thing to avoid. We end up spending most of our waking hours by the computer screen because there's so much we must do and can do here. My parents say I spend too much time on the computer and they're probably right. Nonetheless, as you say, our generation has been confronted with leaps and bounds in technology unforeseen by any other generation. We can't go an average day without seeing a screen, let alone using one. I say it's the future, but they could make it less harmful to one's health.

    ReplyDelete