Sunday, October 14, 2012

What becomes of being responsible...


Does being smart and responsible at a fun gathering make you a “party-pooper”? In my case over the weekend, the answer is yes apparently. I attended a party and by 9:30 pm I was ready crash and just wanted to go home to my bed, I had been there two solid hours. My sister is the individual who made this remark, and yet I cannot understand why. Maybe she was selfish and just wanted to stay longer? Anyway, we had both endured the same long day and should both have been pretty tired. We had woken up around nine that morning, gone to school for five hours for the musical, gone shopping for an hour, and then to a neighbors' house for a taco-fiesta, only to rush home and leave for the party. I was exhausted and had made my appearance at the party, plus I was the driver and needed to be awake enough to drive, so I was just ready to leave. And all that makes me a party-pooper: the smart, responsible teen who wants to get herself, her sister, and her neighbor home safely. People do not get me sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment