Monday, October 1, 2012

Saturday Evening

This weekend I attended my friend's birthday get-together. Almost nobody showed up and it wasn't all that fun. I am not going to tell him this, but I actually considered leaving early to go home and hang out with my family (some of the coolest people I know! :D) . I couldn't do this because I had brought his girlfriend (my BFF) to his party and was her ride home. I felt really bad for thinking this, but all we did was sit around the fire and freeze our butts off. I suppose I did this for him, I really wanted to be a great friend and supportive, even if it was a long 3 hours. Are there any moments where people have been in a situation because of someone they care about and can't really do what they feel inclined to do?

1 comment:

  1. I used to attend "study groups" at a good friend's house each month, and often hated the experience. I had nothing in common with her other friends and was only going because I wanted to spend time with her and make her feel good. I felt bad having to decline her invitation to one recently, but rationalized it by reasoning that we share no classes and I don't feel like sitting around and listening to people make annoying and morbid jokes about movies and each other. Is this rude?

    ReplyDelete